A trip with Matt and Natalie in the RV for their 5th Wedding Anniversary.
It was not Hawaii, but it was fun!
We had some Fun in the RV and at Pechanga Casino Sat Eve.
I was up 100% on a slot machine and got greedy and lost it all (could have walked away with $2).
They have many wines to choose from and for a mere $10 you can "Sample" 6 wines.
They have special poreers that give you 1 oz. of wine to taste.
You could sample the Merlot, or a Chardonnay, or maybe something dry to quench your thirst(?).
Generally, they all tasted the same to me, yuk to double-yuk.

WELCOME to the Wine Making Tour.
It all starts hear with Grapes on the vine. It takes 3 to 5 years before a vine can produce good fruit to be harvested. Vineyards in this area were hit by a bad "Pest" called "SharpShooters" that killed many plants. This made many winemakers pull the vines and re-plant fields, meaning no income for 3-5 years as they waited for the plants to mature.
When the grapes are done being "Hand Picked" they are placed in the Giant Hopper.
The White grapes are FIRST, as they are ready earlier in the season, followed by the RED.
The Grapes are placed in LARGE Two Layered steel tanks where the stuff can be mixed and temperatures are maintained to exacting standards !






4 comments:
I'm glad you had fun tasting your rotten-food juice!
Kacia LOL! I agree! And Dad I am GLAD that you had fun tasting different kind's of wine.
The Kacia lol was me Kara! SORRY I didn't post a name with it LOL!
-Kara
Brother Ray... I was once told that you didn't like wine. Your blog entry only validated what I'd heard! You have put a very interesting spin on the wine process.... rotting and then double rotting... genious!
I look forward to seeing your family soon!
Love you all so much! - Sis. Shan
Post a Comment