It was Last Sat morning and I awoke as usual while everyone else was asleep. I rolled out of bed, and went for a nice ride up and down the mountain. Very nice weather and an unusally large number of groups out hiking the trails.
I came home at 9am and half the family was still sleeping (late birds here). I roused them all out of bed and said "Were going up the mountain". To my suprise there was not alot of ahhhh, and some were even excited.
We had breakfest, and told everyone to put on their hiking shoes (what are hiking shoes? ) ok anything without a heel. We piled into the van to drive to the trailhead. I did not want to tire them out in the 2 mile trip to the entrance.
I had threatend to do this in the past and alass were were off the grass and in the dirt.
We marched up the main road, several found walking sticks before we left. Lukas decided to bring his guitar and provide us with some music.
after walking up for a while there was a trail that lead off the main road and the family took it as a detour. Some sections were quite steep.
Everyone was game, traveling along the narrow path like a regular mule train.
The trail looped around and to the top of a hill above where we parked. Thats our Van (blue arrow) behind us down below. At this point the trail went straight down to the car and we slowly walked our way down.
Rechelle said that she woke up and thought to herself about taking a walk up the trail that morning but fell back asleep. Good thing, this way we all got to do it together. We plan to do it much more often, only took us 12 years to do it the first time.
4 comments:
What a fun family morning. I can tell by the pictures that everyone was enjoying themselves. Maybe, if we ever visit when it isn't too HOT, you'll have to take us on a hike up the mountain too. Thanks for the post. You guys have been slowing down quite a bit lately. Love you all!!!
Valerie
Ahh, hiking, nothin like it! First time in 12 years eh? I don't think I would survive without one for that long. One hike it was 2 miles before we got to our hiking trail because of a road block, then 1 mile for the trail and another 2 miles back. Jason Matt and I usually wound up lost due to exploring without everyone else.
If I ever make it to California that would be great fun to do with all of you.
Heather
Hiking is a lot of fun but not in the blazing sun. I like hiking in the forest where it's cold and you need jackets. That way you don't get hot, or if you do get warm you can just take off your jacket and feel the coldness.
That's cool that Lukas brought his guitar, sounds like you guys had fun.
Post a Comment