As Kacia was ready to complete high school, I tried to help her find some direction in her adult life. What would she do? She enjoyed computers and video editing, so we purchased her a computer and software to do videos. She enjoyed it and I encouraged her to set up a business so she could edit from home on her own hours. As she worked more at it, the projects were long hours and she decided it was not for her.
During this time one of the kids she babysat, became her first pupil. The parents asked if she would tutor him and Kacia enjoyed it. 2 weeks before high school graduation she proclaimed, I'm going to be an elementary school teacher !
She enrolled herself in school, signed up for her classes and in 2 years she completed her AA Degree !
Congratulations Kacia on all your hard work !
Monday, June 7, 2010
Our First College Graduate ! 2010
Posted by SevenSalgados at 9:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is such a wonderful thing my dear!! I'm so super proud of you; I never finished my degree and would love it if I could. It opens a lot of doors, and who knows what the future for a mom who wants to home school!!
Love you dearly, and couldn't be more proud of my special friend!
Congrats Kacia! You're going to make a great teacher =D
Post a Comment