Friday, October 15, 2010

an essay gone from my laptop to the web

-Kara

Okay sorry for taking so long to blog! I thought this story was worth telling though.
So for English last week I had to write a five paragraph essay explaining who I would want to spend the day with. The person could either be dead or alive. I picked one of my favorite musicians, Ian Axel. When I was done writing I had to have Kacia proof read it because my mom was out of the house and it was due that day. After we went over the essay and fixed it, without me knowing it, Kacia sent it to my mother to read. I was a little shy about it but hey, it's my mom. A few days later my mom comes to me and says that she sent it to Ian Axel himself! I was so nervous and shy! She said the he he posted it on his blog! I was even more nervous and speechless to go with it! Now I am a published author! lol! I feel so honored! Here is the post if you would like to read it.

an essay I think you should read

So I got an email the other day from a mother in California who thought I’d appreciate her daughter’s essay she did for school. I love every word. She better have gotten a 100.

Five Paragraph Essay

There are a lot of people in the world, dead, and alive. The one person that I would like to spend a day with though, is Ian Axel. Ian Axel right now is one of my favorite musicians and an amazing piano player. If I got to spend one day with him he would be able to teach me piano. He could also teach me some of the songs that I love of his. Finally we can talk about things that have been happening in our lives.

Ian Axel has been playing the piano since he was three and for him to be able to teach me piano would be awesome! I already know how to read sheet music, but if he spent a day with me, he could teach me new things about piano. For example he could teach me how I can make my coordination better. I have bad coordination because I can’t play my left hand slow while my right hand is going at a different pace and timing, so for him to be able to do that would be really cool.

I really love Ian Axel’s songs but sadly he does not have any sheet music! With his help I could figure them out. One of my favorite songs of his is called “Waltz.” It is my favorite because of the chord progression and the dynamics of the song. The piano is hard though and with all the violins and drums and other things playing with the piano on the music track, it is hard to pick out the notes the piano is playing. If I could spend a day with him it would be really fun to learn that song!

Ian Axel is a growing artist and it is really cool when we go to his small concerts that he does in coffee houses because after the show we can talk to him. If I could spend the day with him though, I could get to know him better as a friend. He is a really cool and a fun guy to know, but I only get to see him here and there. It would be cool to sit and talk with him for a while without having to think that he is on a time limit because he has to go somewhere else. I really like Ian Axel because he is a cool guy, and to spend the day with him would be really cool.

Ian Axel is an amazing artist that is one of my favorite people and piano players in the world. He could teach me cool techniques and help me play piano better. He could also teach me my favorite song Waltz so that I can play my favorite song. Finally we could sit and talk without the pressure of him having to go so soon. Spending the day with Ian Axel would be really amazing and a great experience.

2 comments:

Bak 2 Bak Twins said...

Awwww thats so awesome Kara! Congrats! :)

Cat said...

Good job Kara =D I liked it ~ It's so cool Ian Axel got to see it and post it on his blog!