Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Story of Breakfast Fun

Kayley-

(started about a week ago, on Saturday)

Today has been a pretty eventful day because of one sole thing- breakfast. Kara, Levi, and I made breakfast today- (actually, I made sugar cookies and Kara & Levi made pancakes, eggs, and sausage. They watched Flubber yesterday and decided that they wanted to have the same breakfast that the guy in Flubber had.) Because so many crazy things happened, I decided to do something a little different for this blog. I will tell the story of this morning with both facts- and fakes. If you want to, reply to this blog stating what you think is fake. Later I’ll post the answers.


When we started, Kara and I got out all of the ingredients. The sugar cookies I was doing required just egg whites, and I wasted four eggs before I could get just the egg whites into a bowl. Levi was being extremely loud, hollering and laughing, so I couldn’t concentrate. Kara started to do her cooking experiment with Levi, then, and it was very funny because Levi did all of the wet ingredients for the pancakes, so naturally he had to crack a few eggs. The first time he tried, he smashed the egg together and dropped it, then said “I’m so sorry, it just happened so fast!” Kara laughed and then looking at me, gasped. I was covered in milk! Milk was all over the kitchen! “I dropped it.”, I said. It took quite a while for me to clean that up, but after a bit everything was back to normal. The kitchen was very messy, though, and covered in dirty dishes, flour, and stickers. After a few more un-notable events, I finally finished with the sugar cookie batter! I put some food coloring in the frosting I had made and it didn’t exactly look the color orange (I was making Halloween cookies, so I wanted the frosting to be orange).


“Kara? What color is this?” I asked, trying to see if it was orange.


“Pink.” Kara replied, and then for the second time that day, gasped a big gasp at another mishap. “That’s the PANCAKE BATTER!” she said. “You poured your ingredients in! Now both of our things are ruined!” We started ‘calmly discussing’ the predicament as Levi cried out at regular intervals: “Oh, no! Oh, no! OH, NO!” Finally we figured out that I had not put in the ingredients, just the pink. My cookies turned out good, and we had yummy, pink pancakes that day. Which parts aren’t true? Comment and decide. I’ll post which parts aren’t true soon as I think enough comments have been made.



5 comments:

Cat said...

Umm I guess the part that JUST you three made breakfast.
And the milk spilled all over, you're not that clumsy.

Anonymous said...

You are a great story teller. So good, that I don't have a clue what happened and what didn't. I can't wait to know the answer. Thanks for the fun story/game.

Love,
Sis. Valerie

SevenSalgados said...

Well, here are the answers! Yes, Kara, Levi and I did make breakfast with no help, we do that every once in a while. No, Levi was not being loud. Not the milk part, thankfully, I made that up. The kitchen was messy with dirty dishes and flour, but NOT stickers! We did not calmly discuss the problem, but as I was being sarcastic when I put that up, I don't think it really counts. That's it! The pink pancakes were yummy! :D

Keifersgirl said...

Here I am, a little late and you've already posted the answers! My first one was going to be that the whole Levi being loud thing was definitely TRUE, because, well...he is often LOUD! The milk "all over the kitchen"? Total fake and definitely the stickers, I new that just wouldn't go over well with mama.

Kayley, I am SO proud of you! You are such an entertaining writer. I was truly captivated by your descriptive writing. I would really, REALLY appreciate it, if you would post more. Please? Pretty please? I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Stiles said...

Well, I'm really late. I haven't been on the computer until just the past few days. I am just now getting to reading everyones blogs and am catching up. I loved your story and I'm definetly going to make my pancakes pink from now on. Never thought of it before. Another thing pink!!! What a great idea.