Today. April 27, 2010.
(Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook, and Marti Darbi's blog, "MY BIG FAT CUBAN FAMILY".)
So, I'm taking Marti up on the "temperature-taking" project of a day in the life of, well, me.
Outside my window... Well, it's just past midnight, so the obvious answer is: dark. But I live in the wonderfully mild climate of southern California, so I could actually walk out into my courtyard in my little nighty and be pretty comfy. OK, so, Ray just woke up, and told me to turn out the light or go somewhere else... I guess I'll test my theory...
Well, it's still a bit nippy at this hour for a cotton nighty, but I was out there long enough to observe that my new tomato and jalapeno plants are doing well, while my new rosemary plant has not been getting enough water to get established! Hopefully, I remedied the problem.
I am thinking... about what is right; what is wrong; and what my role is in the process of keeping what is right, to the best of my understanding.
I am thankful for... my family (starting with my dear husband, and then EACH ONE of my kids, (though sometimes they can create serious challenges in my life!) each of my friends who say the truth, the joys I know in my little life, and the blessings that decorate my life from day to day that have nothing to do with what I did to receive them.
From the kitchen... Dishes that need to be washed; a floor that needs to be cleaned; and several pieces of raw meat from Costco that need to be cleaned, prepped, and seasoned before they go into freezer baggies and out to our deep freezer, along with a large tupperware of cooked pork shoulder, ready for separating into gallon-sized baggies, adding marinades, and freezing for another day.
I am wearing... a black, cotton, nighty, with a bow in front, and covered with tiny, multicolored polka-dots, and cap sleeves.
I am creating... memories for my kids, and music that helps me when I'm worried or stressed - even if it means little to anyone else!
I am going... to the John Mayer concert at the Irvine Amphitheater in August! This is very exciting to me. Also, we are planning a trip to Oregon for a singing in July (complements of our adult children, since they really want to go!), and to the beach as often as we can in the next few months!!
I am reading... Several places in the bible... trying to study some things of interest at this time.
I am hoping... for more understanding and harmony among my dearest friends; for better things - relating to recent struggles among some of my kids; for heart to heart talks with those who need it most.
I am hearing... the whirring of my laptop, distant music that is sparking my curiosity - because it sounds live *she gets up to find the source of the music, and finds her eldest son stringing and tuning a co-worker's guitar*, and silence from the rest of my sleeping family.
Around the house... I am doing all of the things I normally do: Laundry, cooking, cleaning, helping kids with school, teaching Levi to read, write, and do math, organizing, coordinating and maintaining several schedules, worrying about things, reminding myself not to worry about things, seeking to improve things as much as I can... [the list goes on here, but it doesn't really matter]
One of my favorite things... My little book of memories and my piano. Okay, I know it said "ONE" of my favorite things, but I'm sitting in my living room, right by my piano, and needed to mention it!!
A few plans for the rest of the week... Get my kids to the rest of their STAR testing date/times well-rested, well-fed, and well, ready for their testing times! Go on at least 2 more substantial bike rides before the week is over. Finish all of my household chores and paperwork. Go on a date with my husband.
A picture to share...
Why this picture? This is one of my favorite places in this whole, wide, world. Granted, I haven't been that many places, but our recent trip to Pismo Beach, California was one of the best trips/most beautiful places we've stayed. It rivals Maui, Hawaii, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's because of the time of year, weather we enjoyed, company we kept, and food we ate, but it was a wonderful time and a memory I hope to treasure for the rest of my life ( I say, "hope" only because I am more apt to forget things than I used to be, and so I hope to remember every last elegant and pleasing detail that I can.) Maybe writing about it and posting a blog about it will aid in fulfilling that hope. I hope so!
So, here is a snapshot into my very average, unexciting life. If you feel so disposed to join in on this little experiment, please comment/blog/facebook/ or whatever, it, and give us a link to your post!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Posted by SevenSalgados at 12:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Personally, I don't think that you live an average, unexciting life. You're family is always up to something, and you always have so many projects!
Thanks for the peek into YOU. :)
That was beautiful, Rechelle. I love that it gives me a glimpse into the corners of your everyday life.
Thanks for sharing and playing along!
Kisses,
Marti
I like everything about this.
I'm glad I'm growing up in this home.
That was really cool =) and I like that picture of the beach.
Post a Comment