Kacia-
Well, I guess I'm the one telling you more about the trip. I love camping by the beach, and, though this wasn't what I expected from "camping by the beach", it's been cool anyways.
We've 'camped' right on the shore of Huntington Beach, so that's what I was expecting, but that's not what this is. We're right off a small, virtually empty bay (it really looks like a park lake), and there's a 'boardwalk' right outside of this parking-lot-style RV park (which is actually a long asphalt path along the bay) which also runs close to the freeway for a little while. Brb (be right back), I have to go help Kara and Kayley with the kitchen... k, I'm back. It doesn't even really smell like the beach. But it was really cool because one of the best parts of being at the coast happened last night, and I was thinking "Yes! Now it feels like we're by the beach" The sun was setting on the water, making all sorts of pinks and purples reflect on the water, and it looked really pretty.
Yesterday feels like it could've been 2 days. We did a lot! Brother Peetree was with us for most of the day, until he had to leave for work, but before that we all went on a bike ride along the
'boardwalk' stopping at this big 'ol playground (it was like 3 or 5 combined into 1!) where everyone my age and under played for a while. I raced Kyle to the swings so Meg and I could dibs them and swing together like old times, so I dove for them and he still got there the same time I did. We 'persuaded' him to let us do it anyways though, and he satisfied himself with entertaining the 7-year-old next to us by pretending to get kicked by Megan repeatedly. That kid thought us gleeful teenagers at the park were hilarious for some reason. Anyways, later Brother Craig got us to do an impromptu photo shoot all over the park, then we rode back and met up with Mom, Dad and Levi, who had fallen behind long, long before. Levi had been having fun, doing all kinds of shenanigans out there.
'boardwalk' stopping at this big 'ol playground (it was like 3 or 5 combined into 1!) where everyone my age and under played for a while. I raced Kyle to the swings so Meg and I could dibs them and swing together like old times, so I dove for them and he still got there the same time I did. We 'persuaded' him to let us do it anyways though, and he satisfied himself with entertaining the 7-year-old next to us by pretending to get kicked by Megan repeatedly. That kid thought us gleeful teenagers at the park were hilarious for some reason. Anyways, later Brother Craig got us to do an impromptu photo shoot all over the park, then we rode back and met up with Mom, Dad and Levi, who had fallen behind long, long before. Levi had been having fun, doing all kinds of shenanigans out there.After that, we went skating twice. It was sweeeet, because I love skating. Then we came back, played a game called Imagine-iff, and Brother Patrick left. Soon, it was dark, and all the kids
went riding scooters/bikes around empty spots near ours. After dinner, we played Would You Rather, which was hilarious and depressing at intervals. One of the best ones was "Would you rather have a third eye in the middle of your forehead, or a third hand growing out your chest?" It was really funny to hear the explanations of why people would rather do one or the other. We were really quite logical about those crazy things.Today should be cool too. I'd like to go out there and be a part of it, so see ya!
0 comments:
Post a Comment