So, last night, I was doing some email, etc., and all of the sudden, I got a bunch of emails from our blog!! It sends us a little note to let us know someone posted a comment. Oh, my, how happy was I! I really enjoyed all the comments made by our dear friend in Idaho. They made me laugh, and I rushed into the study to let the big kids know about it. I also told Ray about it when I woke him up a little later. He had fallen asleep while he was putting Levi to bed.
Usually, if Ray goes in to make sure Levi settles down for bed, it's not clear who falls asleep first. Most of the time when I check on them, they are both asleep, but there have been a few times that Daddy is snoring, and Levi is still awake!
Anyway, in answer to the questions posed by Jason: Yes, it was the exact same ship and itinerary that you 4 had on your recent cruise (as you figured out before I answered you!). The picture at the end of that blog, about our day in Mazatlan, is from one of the homes we stopped to look at. It was high up on one of the hills above the coast, and was so interesting because of its bright orange color. I remembered seeing those colors from the ship, and then we were there, up close! Well, as we were slowly driving past, I noticed this beautiful wrought iron gate, leading to the back "yard", and, on the wall, just inside the arched gate, was a mural of the house, as seen from the coast line! I said, "Hey! Stop! Let's get a picture!!" So we all got out, and took pics in front of the gate, and then took a picture of just the mural. It does look like a postcard, doesn't it? We drove past a purple "house" (I put quotes because these weren't really houses. They were mansions on the cliffs, overlooking the ocean.), and a bright blue one, too. I was quite fascinated by the bright colors, because I would never think of living in, or liking those bold of colors for homes, but I remembered how impressive it was to come upon Mazatlan, with all those colors decorating the hillsides!
To anyone else, who decides to check out old posts: If you would like to comment on something, go ahead! We love it! And, don't worry how old the blog entry is, as soon as you post something, we are notified. I was a little skeptical when Ray came home one day and told me our family was starting a blog - and we were all to participate. Now, I am so glad he came up with the idea. It's been a great way to share our lives with our dear friends and family - and it's been so good to hear from you all!
When we were on the cruise, I missed being able to just get on the phone and call one of my friends, or send notes to whomever I was thinking of (too expensive - and the phone we bought for calls didn't work!), so it was really great to hear from those of you who posted while we were gone. I was just thinking of Valerie so much the day she posted, and it made me so happy to hear from her!!
Love to all, from Rechelle
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Response to Comments!
Posted by SevenSalgados at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment