Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mother's Day

Okay, so, it’s been a while since Mother’s Day, I know, but it’s worthy of being blogged, so here I go…

What a wonderful way to start the day, by being surrounded by my darling children! Most mornings I wake up with Levi, snuggled in between Ray and me, but it’s a rare occasion that all 5 of them are in there, with me, together!




Then, they gave me a few minutes to pull myself together, for church, and greeted me in the kitchen with a beautifully decorated table, roses, poems, cards, and not least of all, a scrumptious breakfast!! Wow, this is starting out to be a very fine Mother’s Day!

After church, we drove out to Irvine to go to my very favorite park. At first, Ray thought I was a little nutty for wanting to drive that far just to go to a park, but , since it was Mother’s day, he granted my request. I told him, “I don’t want a fancy lunch. Let’s just get fast food (now, there’s a switch!), because I really want you to see this park I take the kids to, when we go to Kacia and Luke’s school!” We all played, and had such a fun time! I’m so thankful to have such a sweet family.

This time is precious to me, because I know it won’t be long, and there will be changes in (at least) my older kid’s lives that will limit the times we will all be able to just hang out and enjoy one another. Kacia’s graduating from high school next week, and Lukas will be a senior! Wow, it really has gone by too fast!

So, after the park, we all loaded back into our van, and headed over to Grandma Becky’s for a very nice evening and dinner with her, and Ray’s siblings!

What a lovely day!

Thank you, kids; and Ray, but most of all, I thank God for His wonderful blessings to me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! So many new posts in a row! I love them all. I really appreciate the time you all take in sharing a part of your life with us all. However, it does make me miss you all the more!!!
Love,
Sis. Valerie