Well, I supprised Rechelle on our 21'st wedding anniversary that I was getting her a new bike !
When we were dating I went to purchase a bike and she said 'I want a Bike too' so we shopped and found a set of used matching bikes (1987). They were Schwinn Mirada's if I Recall. They worked great.
Then in 1997 we went to the Schwinn shop and purchase a new set of Schwinn 'High Sierra' mountain bikes. Again they were the 1996 models so we got like 40% off ( I love a deal).
As most know in 2007, my waist line was like a run away train it was size 32 then 34 followed by 36 which were then getting tight. I went and purchased a used mountain bike, then Lukas started riding so I gave him that Bike and purchased a new 2006 Giant Anthem (yes, last years model sale). Well I lost about 20 lbs and enjoy riding again.
So we finally got Rechelle's bike Monday. I looked for the cheapest full suspension bike they had and found one with good reviews. Then found that the 2009 models were $100 more that then 08 models and the 09 models were ugly (Black/Grey/Orange). The bike shop did not have any more 08's but checked the factory and they had some 2008 models left so he ordered one for me. And since it was last years model he took another $100 off so I got a better looking bike for $200 off the current price (what a deal!). I went last night and got Rechelle a new helmet and a few riding shirts (PINK).
Today we were set for our first ride. She was busy finishing up some music with sister Karen so I took Levi up the mountain, then came back and did a small ride with the wife (about 40 minutes up the mountain trail from home).
Here is Levi, he want to know if we were going up high enought to SEE THE WORLD, we did.
It was cold and windy out.
This is my honey on her new full squish Giant Yukon bike. We move here new handle bar bag where she can store her stuff.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Anniversary Gift !
Posted by SevenSalgados at 11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Awesome, she got a new bike =D
Riding downhill is the best. It's a lot of fun.
It's so cute that you guys go riding together now. It just warms my heart for the both of you.
Post a Comment