Stand in a close-knit circle with 1-500 friends. The Starter (the person who starts the game, surprisingly) announces that the game will begin by yelling "3...2...1..Ninja!" at which point everyone jumps back into a strategic ninja pose. The Starter then begins a step which will be followed in a clockwise direction by all players: in one swift movement, he changes to a different strategic ninja pose. I say strategic because the point of the game is to slap another player's hand, eliminating that player from the game, until you are the last standing and ULTIMATE NINJA WARRIOR MASTER (the Starter for next game). So your strategy may be to move for slapping someone's hand, or to defensively 'hide' your hands.
You may try to get any player out on your turn, though we have a tendency to only try for the people next to us. The only time you are allowed to move is when it's your turn, or when you think someone is trying to slap your hand. You are only to make 1 swift movement, freezing at the exact moment that you hit OR miss.
Here's some random kids playing it, because it's much easier to understand when you see it. They don't really get it at first but it really gets going later on in the video.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
How to: Ninja
Posted by Kacia at 6:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, NOW I get it!! Thanks for learning me stuff, Kacia!!
Thanks for posting the ninja game. I had never heard of it before. That looks really fun. We'll have to play it the next time we see you guys.
Ooooh that's how you play. Looks fun. How come the girls are always out first? Girls are lame!
What a unique game. There are some very creative peeps out there. Not sure I could play with older kids but I might have a "fighting" chance with all our little ones here. Thanks for the video.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but that actually looks like a really funny and fun game! Hhmm... I can see some of our young men over here really getting into it. I'll have to show Aaron!
Post a Comment