Kacia- Yet another family camping trip has gone well: achieving quality time, relaxation, and tummies full of yummy food. this time it wasn't jsut us, but Dad's whole family, so Grandma, Len, Uncle Jerry & Aunt Rose, Aunt Tanya and Ricky, along with all attached children. It took 3 RVs to fit us all but when we're practically next door to one another it just makes it all the more fun! We just went to a place right off the 91 called Canyon RV, so it wasn't a far trip, but it was fun because we were all together.
Our RV--------Uncle Jerry & Aunt Rose's RV
Ninja is a fun game which Lukas actually enjoys. Ask and we'll tell how it goes. Other than this, games were: Egyptian Slap (like the card game War, but not) that the 4 older kids actually got into and Apples to Apples. Plus make believe for the younger kids, of course. And me.

A Campfire! See, we are camping! a little...
K, really guys, we RV- we don't camp. W never camp. But we enjoy it anyways.

Later in the weekend, we were getting ready to finish up our trip and then pack up. Mom went home early to record some songs in the quiet house. Then we got a phone call and I rushed as fast as I could to get ready so that Luke and I could go with her to LA. John Mayer did a last-minute, cheap concert that we hoped to catch (you had to be there to get the tickets) but we later found it was sold out just as we were leaving. Since we were already out there, we decided to find something else to do, so we went to the famous Santa Monica pier, as seen in many movies, like 'Raise Your Voice', even though it's totally unrealistic to think that the beach would be this empty on a nice day, because it was packed when we were there for no reason except it was nice out:
We walked up there to see what we could see, but before that we had passed by a giant playgound on the sand, really for gymnasts more than kids. We just watched all the guys n gals who really knew what they were doing climb giant ropes, do tricks on hanging bars, swing from long hanging handles (I dunno what they're called) and walk low tightropes.I didn't try any of those, mostly because I was wearing a skirt, but I thoroughly enjoyed the swings which were 2 or 3 times higher than normal ones.
I also enjoyed taking drama pics of Luke. That was fun.

We then drove down the coast, grabbed some pizza, drove some more, grabbed some Starbucks, and had a mellow time the rest of the way home. It was almost Monday when we got home. It was a lovely adventure of a weekend.


4 comments:
Nice RV trip lol. How do you play "Ninja"? Did you guys make it up?
Bummer you didn't get to see John Mayer, but still cool you got to go to the other place. How are you supposed to get on those monkey bar things? It looks high. That guy was really good.
Nice dramatic pictures of Lukas. I almost didn't recognize him with his short hair, haha.
Sounds like a nice trip. I've never camped in an RV so I wouldn't know what it's like. Yeah, how do you play ninja?
RV camping... two words that just DON'T belong together! ha ha
Sounds like a lot of fun still. I think it's great that you all play with the little kids, they will never forget it!
I didn't hardly recognize Lukas. He's really growing up. That's not supposed to happen!
If you are referring to me Shannon I meant his hair, not his looks lol.
Post a Comment