-Kara
Last week, thanks to the Winbergs, we got to go to a Switchfoot/Blue October concert for Luke's B-day present from them. Luckily I got to go! We left at around 5:30 and got there at around 7:10 because the concert was at The Wiltern in LA. after we got inside, there was an opening band named Long Wave. Hmmm.... I'm not sure about them. I guess I was too excited for Switchfoot. Well, after Long Wave was done, they were getting ready for the next band:
It was kind of hard to see the band name on the bass drum, since it was so far away, but I thought "there aren't enough letters for Blue October!" Sure enough, the band after Long Wave was Switchfoot! I even thought one of the letters was an S and I was right! Switchfoot played some of their popular old songs and some new ones with a five star rating!
When Blue October came out, I was optimistic about what the band would be like. Then I started looking at all the band members and the violinist had two horns on his head! The music was HARD rock so I was nervous all over! Then Kacia took me so I could go sit outside of the room with mom. We played solitaire on her Ipod and I won for the first time in my life!! I don't know about mom, though. She was good at it!So I'll mainly show pics now!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Switchfoot/ Blue October
Posted by SevenSalgados at 10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cool post Kara. I really like Switchfoot, it had to be awesome hearing them in person.
Wait, I am kind of confused. Did you leave during the concert? Sorry I don't get it, haha.
That's cool though, I like some of their songs.
I really liked Switchfoot, but the next band - not so much - so I stayed in the lobby, right outside where we went in to the theatre part. Then, Kara was feeling quite disturbed, and when she came out, I said, "Just hang out here, with me!" I tried to visit with her a while, because she was visibly disturbed by the guy with horns, until she became more at ease. Then we played solitaire! It was cool!
Thats cool you guys got to see Switchfoot! They are a good band! Well thats too bad Blue October was heavy rock!
Post a Comment