Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's A Miracle!!

From Rechelle-
Well, I just thought I would finally add to this blog again, by telling you all about my recent back injury(?) and healing from the Lord! In January, I began having serious lower back problems, where I could not stand up straight, and was in a lot of pain. I kept thinking maybe I was getting better, so I continued to try to do things, like stuff around the house, and driving here and there. One night, when I had been in the car a lot, and then to Bible Study at Brother Rod and Sister Sharon's, it just kept getting worse. I was laying down in the living room, in tears because of the pain, and then, one by one, several came in and prayed for me. That was very comforting, but I noticed in several of the prayers, "give her grace if this continues..." I thought, "Well, I'd like this to be over, but maybe it's not going to get better right away." What I didn't think was that it would get much, much worse!
The next day, I couldn't walk - at all. I was inching myself along the floor, slumped over my exercise ball, just to get to the bathroom (which unwittingly made more problems for me afterward, since I became so sore in my upper body muscles. I didn't realize I was working so hard!) By Thursday, I couldn't get out of bed. Sister Karen came to help me with the kids, since Kacia and Lukas had classes to go to for most of the day. I tried a couple of different forms of trying to go to the bathroom while still on my bed, but they didn't seem to be very effective. Ray brought home an adjustable potty chair from Brother Steve and Sister Gracie's, which was a great help. We found we could raise it up high enough that I could slide my legs out of bed to use it, while still supporting my body by leaning over the bed! I am explaining all of this, because it was quite a learning experience for me, and I'm sure, for my family. I was in pain all the time. I had to be cared for, in every way, and I had to depend on my family, and friends to care for my kids. I think the hardest part for me was having my daughter, Kacia, have to take care of me when I had to go to the bathroom. I would apologize over, and over, because I felt so bad for her, until she finally said, "Mom, when I started having to do this, I was totally fine with it, but you keep telling me how awful it is, and it's actually making it harder for me!" Oh, my, I had something to look at, about myself, when she said that. I found that I needed to work on just being thankful for the help, because there was something selfish about the way I was speaking before. I didn't want to make her burden heavier, but, in essence, that's what I had done! That was a very good lesson for me. There is a lot to learn about being a good patient, and I hope I have learned it, deep in my heart.
After several days, I was able to get up, and move about, very slowly. Then I was able to get in the car, but if I was sitting in the car for more than about 15 minutes, I was in so much pain, and my back so crooked, that we finally decided to take the motor home to church so that I could lay down on the way. That was March 16, 2008 - about 2 months after my back trouble started. I want to post what I sent out to the brethren that day:
The Lord spoke a message to me today that I feel a great need to share with all of you. I'll just paste it in this email, with my testimony following. I am so very thankful to be a child of the True and the Living God!

"As thy faith, thou hast in thy heart, so be it. A healing is upon thee, saith the Lord."

This was a mighty manifestation to me, and a glory to God, who knows the councils of our hearts. As the scripture speaks of prophecy, that makes known the secrets of the heart, so it was for me. God spoke that that I had sought him for, and in the moments following those words, a warmth came upon my back where I had been so afflicted for at least 2 months. I felt a change taking place, and was so excited, but I wanted to prove it, and decided to wait before “shouting from the housetops.” Brethren, a miracle happened today, and I am so thankful to God. I am thankful to be in His hands, and desire to glorify His wondrous name for His mercy to me.
After church, I talked with Sharon , and she said that when I called the song out, “Touching Jesus” (Is All That Matters), she felt the spirit toward me, and it was upon her through church. I was at the back toward the end of church, and saw that the spirit was on her. I began praying for her in my heart, that she would be faithful to speak His words, and do His will, but had no idea of the mercy that would come to me through her vessel today. How mighty are the ways of God. It is a beautiful thing how he uses the parts of the body for His purpose - for help and for healing.

************************

Since then, my back has improved so much, that I was able to dance at Uncle David and Aunt Sadie's party (I mean really dance!), and I joined the gym again. Every day, I'm still amazed at the things I'm able to do. I think, "Wow, I can do this now, and I couldn't for so long!" Every time I bend over to pick something up, every time I can lift something, I thank God.

So, no pics for this blog entry, sorry. But I finally took the time to publish this wonderful thing God has done for me. Now I need to get busy!!

Love, Rechelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony! It's so encouraging to hear "and read" of the amazing things God does for his people. It's a faith building story and I'm glad you took the time to share it.

Love,

Sis Valeire

Kacia said...

Yeah, thanks Mom! Great post on great things to think about and look back on.