Friday, July 17, 2009

BroAm

**Broken links are fixed now. Sorry 'bout that.**

Kacia- A couple weekends ago, we decided last minute to drive down and spend a lovely day in San Diego (Encinitas, but, hey) for a beachfront event known as BroAm. It was pretty awesome. Everything, the perfect weather, the warm water, not too big an event (pretty small actually), and, star of the day, music. Well, there was a surf contest too, but that's not much fun if you're not a surfer and we were too late for that anyways. It's put on by a band you've probably heard of called Switchfoot for an organization that helps homeless kids in San Diego (it's called StandUp For Kids), so there were lots of booths there too. Yay for the pizza booth that provided us with tasty pizza!

It was fun family time, espeically since where else can you go to a free concert with lots of cool bands and then go play in the waves afterward?



As it happened we only really got to see one band's full set, but it was the star of the show, of course, Switchfoot. Not the best seats in the house but it was Kara and Kayley's first concert and they liked it. I think Levi was with Dad down by the water. Here's one of their songs from that day, since our video turned out with terrible sound.



Lukas' favorite part was, of course, people. He met these guys who were originally making fun of him but eventually realized his awesomeness and decided to be his 'peeps'.

Aside from the water, Levi especially enjoyed the park that was there with lots of other children.


The beach was really nice. As you can see, the music really was really right by the water. (This is after they'd torn everything down but imagine the stage next to the white tent. The building's the bathrom. Ignore it. It's a dirty place.)
It was funny because I figured we'd see one of the band members and as I was walking to the car sure enough I saw one of the guitarists named Drew (red shirt in the video). I went into the RV (beach trip=RV) and told Lukas and Mom because I knew they'd have no problem going up and talking to him. Sure enough, they did. No pics for that but Lukas said Drew liked when he introduced himself as, "Hey, my name's Lukas, you'll probably hear about me someday when I'm famous."














It was also lovely because Mom and Dad got to have special time watching the sunset together. Awww, look, they like each other!

PS We've posted a lot lately, so don't hesitate to go back and look at what you may have missed.

5 comments:

Keifersgirl said...

Sounds like a fun day. I sure do wish I could SEE the pictures?? Wuz up?

I can only see the video...all the other pics are blank squares with that evil little red x in the left top corner.

Megan Winberg said...

That looked like a lot of fun. Glad you guys had a good time. And I love your new blog background...

Megan

Bak 2 Bak Twins said...

Wow that sounds like a fun day. We love switchfoot too!

Snooch said...

The pictures of your parents is super sweet. I love capturing mine in a special moment together. One day, I hope that my children like to see the love their parents have for each other too. It's so special!

Cat said...

A lot happened that day, sounds like a lot of fun. I want to go to the beach again with you guys!
Awesome that Switchfoot played there! That is a good song in the video, I like it.