Kayley- As many of you know, this past semester, Kacia has been working at the YMCA. Well, not all of her little kiddies are of age yet, but about 8 of the kids in her class graduated this semester, and they were having a little ceremony (caps & gowns & cake and the whole thing :D) at the park for those well educated graduates.
Note: Sorry for the lack of pictures, but the Y has a policy... meaning Kacia said I'm not allowed :(
We got there about an hour early, so while kacia helped set up for about the 20 relatives and friends that came, Kara and I "played" on the park (Kara only wanted to sit down on the bench, and so I did the same lol) while we waited. After a while, the teacher lady started the intro and the little kids came out- all in costume. It was adorable! Even if I didn't know them, their proud little faces was enough to get me smiling :D
They sang some songs, two of the most adorable little boys I've ever seen did led a flag salute, "you may stand up." "you may be seated.", and then we did pictures and cake. The ceremony was rather smallish, and there was an hour left in the graduation, so all the kids rushed to the park and shared a game of tag. There were three especially cute boys (Two were mentioned earlier, on is three so he's not graduating.) They have the most adorable of smiles!!
We ended up being the last ones there along with the two boys, still playing rock, paper, scissors. The youngest who was three had been running around the whole time smiling with cake all over his face lol :D that made me smile.
After we got home we went to breakfast with mom and luke and levi, who had stayed home. We did a little shopping at the crossings, then went home and did a 'water park' with Harper & Kennedy (our neighbor friends :D) We hooked up a water slide and water balloons, along with the little pool that I call our giant bathtub. That was a fun day :D
~*{Kayley}*~
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Preschool Graduation
Posted by me at 5:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds fun Kayley!
I love to read little things that you guys do here and there. It allows me to kinda, sorta be apart of your lives.
You are "adorable" (one of your favorite words?)
:o)
Sounds like a cool little graduation ceremony. That's funny they did all that. I liked how you and Kara "played" in the park. I would have played in the park, not just sat on the bench if someone asked me to.
Post a Comment