Wow, this is really a late post, but I finally decided that since no one else has taken the initiative, it's time for me to post again.
Congrats to Lukas! He graduated high school. We were surprised to see a star next to his name on the ceremony handout. We found out that meant he earned the "Golden State Seal" for an exceptional score on the CST. He managed to graduate with decent grades, but his priority was not achieving a high GPA. He was happy to graduate, either way!
His friend, Sabrina, wrote a song for their graduation, and she asked Lukas to play acoustic guitar and perform it with her. Here is a clip of their performance:
Several friends and relatives gave Lukas some money for his graduation. This is what he used it for:
He is sooo happy! We all hear about it every day. Fortunately for us (because it's not so loud), and for him (because he's not so limited on when he can practice), he insisted on having them in his room. The only restrictions he has on his practice hours come from our next door neighbors, because of their one-year-old's bed time. They requested that Lukas end practice sessions by 8:30 p.m. Yesterday, he had a jam session with some of his friends, and they played for about 3 hours, straight! When he doesn't have friends to jam with, he jams with his own guitar playing, on his loop pedal.
Congrats to Kara! She graduated from 8th grade. She performed a couple of songs, a couple of times, while people were being seated. Here is a clip of one of her performances:
This graduation is really a milestone for Kara, because she will be on her own next year. She will be the only Salgado enrolled at the home school high school we use. Fortunately, she took several online transition courses, which are a really good introduction and preparation for the format of her new school, so I think she'll do just fine. She plans on being part of the drama program right away, so we can look forward to her performances next year.
She has always been two peas in a pod with Kayley, so this will be quite an adventure! Here she is, after her graduation with the extension of the two peas in a pod - our neighbors, Kennedy and Harper. These four girls are constantly together, and Levi plays with all of them, and, many times, their little brother, Macguire.
So, this fall, things will be quite different for me. It is the first time ever that I'll be teaching just one student! Kayley will be in 8th grade, so it will just be the two of us at the table for her lessons! Actually, even though Levi won't be enrolled in Kindergarten, we'll be continuing his Hooked On Phonics and Hooked On Math. I think he will manage to keep me - always - very busy, and always looking for ways to challenge his hungry mind!!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Graduations!!
Posted by SevenSalgados at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The first time I was unprepared because they gave me NO warning! They were just like "It's your turn" Yes I was first, so they didn't give me time to get really into the zone. It was just rushed so yes the nervousness caught on VERY quickly. I'm just glad I got to go up the second time because the second time I had some warning and had time to calm down! All in all I think that I did better the second time then the first and graduating was great!
Hope 2 c U all soon! and the vid is from the second time. 2 let you all know. -Kara
Lukas' song was cool beans, I was proud of him doing that. they had to audition and everything.
I still think Kara was just as pretty as can be for her graduation.
Wow...what a post!
Congratulations Luke and Kara! Those are huge milestones in ones life.
I enjoyed Lukas' drum playing, in his room and Kara, you're piano playing was beautiful! Awesome job.
I totally agree with Bubbles...Kara, you looked so so purdy on your graduation day. I can't believe how growed up you are!
Sorry I took a long time to comment. I am finally catching up lol.
Congrats to you Lukas and Kara! You guys did very good in the performances. It will be weird for Kara to go to school by herself. You can do it Kara!
Post a Comment