Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Guest in the Shop.

Well Lukas and I needed to get out into the shop and do a project on my Honey do list. Lukas asked if 'Gauge' could come and help as he said Gauge likes woodworking.
I was not sure if Lukas was pulling a Tom Sawyer, but hey if Gauge is willing to help, We've got work to do.

pic above:Ray demonstrates how to keep fingers away from the blade using the tablesaw sled..
Gauge trys to cut a curve patter for our table sides. He said he's used these tools in wood shop at school so I figure Great, a slave (oh a helper) who's got training !

Next thing I know he's grabbing at a small wood chip inches from the blade!

All I can think is "OH, Im gonna return Gauge to Jim and Karren and he will only be able to count to Nine and a half ". Then within a split second I give him appropriate instruction
"FINGERS AWAY FROM THE BLADE."

Here Lukas demonstrates the results of much instruction. I just tell him if he wants to keep playing guitar, he better watch his fingers.

It was a nice day in the shop, Gauge also helped on the Sanding. He and Lukas sanded the curves using the drill press. And they applied a nice curved edge using the router table.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh! I love your narrative, and all of the pics! Brings back memories of when you guys would be out there with Jeremy!
Love, your wife