Monday, July 28, 2008

4 Years old an 2,000 ft.

Yes, today I got to pull my 4 year old 2,000 feet up the mountain.
It was a nice afternoon for a ride and Levi did not get a nap (oh Joy). Pulling your 4 year old on a slow mountain bike ride up the hill for an hour and a half is alot like going for a car ride. They want to ask, "are we there yet", how much further, etc. Also I bribe him, if he pedals hard we get a snack at the top. We we stopped several times (more later), had a few mini snacks on the way. His short attention span, he often forgets to pedal. But if we hit a step section, I say "Pedal now, I need you" wow he can kick in an extra boost of power. It's fun on the ride up, and on the ride down, he wants to go FASTER. I don't go too fast by myself let alone pulling him behind. He "Lost" his second pair of sunglasses on the ride up. I saw them on the ride down, "Crushed by a car".

Levi got a camel back with a water hose to drink as he pleases. This was becase he was asking me to stop and give him a drink every 5 minutes when I first started riding. Fine get him his own (all better). We I guess he gets so bored back there on the climb up there is nothing else to do but sip water. Some times when he's quiet for a while I glance back to see if he's nodding off (he has to hang on!). Yes at times he gazing off in the distance, "LEVI HANG ON" I exclaim (nice way of saying YELL), "I AM DAD". I just want to make sure he doesnt fall asleep back there. I digress... ALL that drinking and you get stops every 15 minutes to leave water spots on the dirt. Good thing he wore elastic shorts this time.
Gotta go to sleep.





3 comments:

Keifersgirl said...

Wow...4 posts in ONE day. Sweet. Love it...keep 'em comin'

Kacia said...

I LOVE the montage shots. And that you take pics at the top of the ride. it makes me feel like- wow, all that work you did to get up there seems like it really was worth it!

Pelkey said...

So many posts at once, I read the top and nearly missed the rest. So glad I finally noticed them all. There are so many fun pictures too! Thanks for sharing.