Friday, July 18, 2008

Meet Ava

Kacia- For several weeks, I've spent one day a week watching a little girl named Ava (A-vah, not Ah-vah).
I've babysat her a couple times in the past few months, but it's been recently that I've actually been doing it once a week. Usually on Mondays, I'll go straight from History class to 20 minutes away in Chino Hills. There, I'll play with Ava for most of the day until I go home, have dinner, study, and go to bed. She's 1 year old, and I've been watching her since before her birthday, so I'm getting to see her grow up (how fun!!). I've gotten to see before and after she walked, and now I'm seeing her first words. I was freaking out last time because she said "thank you" like a sweet girl when I gave her peaches for lunch.

Because I may get a more regular job someday, and Kara believes it's high time that she entered the business, I have brought her along several times as a sort of paid internship. We split the pay because, really, when she's there, I don't have to do very much. Ava's overall a very mellow and sweet-mannered girl. Last time, I brought Levi along as well to get to play with Ava and let Mom have a free day, and although Ava really is too little for him to play with yet, he did try to entertain her and was very friendly.

While little girl is napping I work on homework unless I'm so tired I can't read straight. In that case, I will watch TV. When she's up, we really like to play 'chase', play with toys, and especially play outside in her little pool or swing set. She loves water- her mom said that waves at the beach have pummeled her and she just runs back towards the water.

It's fun to get to watch her grow up, and my little sister Kara with her growing babysitting skills.

1 comments:

Rechelle said...

So cute! Thanks, Kacia, for the "free day"! The pictures are great! I know Levi had a good time.
Love, Mom