Wednesday, November 18, 2009

China Camp State Park

We woke up this morning to crashing waves, almost at our feet. The RV was parked along the cliffs of San Francisco. We could not walk to the beach as the cliff was too big, but the view was nice. We woke had breakfest and did a few loads of laundry, then off to San Francisco.

We always try and drive across the Golden Gate Bridge, (Northbound is Free) and mom explained to levi, that its, called Golden, but its really Red. This is a trolly car that Levi thought was way cool.

We proceddd about an hour to China Camp state park, on the north bay area of SF.

Wow, this is a great area, nice picnic area and a place to park the RV. The Bike shop people in santa cruz told us about this place so were giving it a try.
I went for a solo ride, up the hill, this is our RV below on a little patch of beach.

Before I left we had a great lunch.

The scenery was very nice.

No waves here, calm water.
During my ride, I was on a rode coming out of a canyon and saw four deer, three of them had antlers.
Two darted to the right, just off the trail and two stayed to the left. The biggest one stayed right in front of me and just ate the grass. I took a pick and waited . . . it would not move, I made some noise, and he was not to be bothered. Then I took some video with my camera of this process and finally I made a forward motion with the bike and he decided to slowly walk off. I really did not feel like getting an antler in the torso.


I hurried back to get Rechelle, this was such a fun trail, She was ready to Go.


The single track and fun trails made her smile from ear to ear


Later we drove to a campground, played monopoly with the kids for a few minutes (how did Levi know how to play monopoly???)
And then have some yummy spaghetti dinner, Thanks MOM.

Time for BED ! I hope someone is reading these, My hands are hurting from all this typing. . .

5 comments:

Snooch said...

I've been reading all of your posts Brother Ray! And I'm very much so enjoying them. :)

It's been great reading about your travels. Although, I cannot believe how much bike riding your family does (and hard riding at that!).

I can't wait to see you all!

Pelkey said...

I'm reading them too! And I'm really enjoying them!!! You are visiting such pretty places and having such nice family time together. It makes me wish even more that we could get an RV. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Keifersgirl said...

You are doing an awesome job at documenting your adventures. I've been reading all of them...this one, by far, is my favorite. To see a live deer is SO cool to me. Yes, you see them in pictures all the time but, up close, cool beans.

I'm so proud of Rechelle! She has really surprised me with all this hard bike riding. You, Ray? Not so much. You've been a total He-Man on the bike since I met you many year ago. Not surprised there. Way to go Rechelle...you are now a She-Woman in my book.

Looks like such fun...those beach/coast shots are awesome.

Keep 'em comin'. I know what a lack of comments feels like. Sorry I haven't left more this week ;o)

Kacia said...

lol- a she-woman?? I'm glad mom's a she-woman, as opposed to the alternative, haha!

although i am sad we'll be leaving oregon on sunday, I'm actually really excited to see this place, especially now that I see pictures :) I wish there was a bigger smiley than that, but I don't know of one. If I did, I would do it because I'm doing a real delighted smile, not just a friendly "hi" smile.

Cat said...

That looks like a cool trail and a nice place for a picnic. Why is it a China Park though? It looks like a normal park to me. They must've ran out of Spanish names lol.

Awesome that you saw a deer. Although it was slow moving lol.