Well our first stop after Friday night drive out town is our camp ground in Santa Barbara.
Sat after Breakfast we went for a bike ride. Rechelle was ready to GO ! guess she did not see the mountain behine her : )
First we went out the back way of the campground and across the dry santa Yenez river bed.
We had a steep climb on the other side of the river bank up an old road. Pic below shows the camp ground behind levi (RV's by red arrow)
As we road on a paved road along the north side of the river bed we passed campgrounds, nice scenery and some wild animals !
Here is rechelle on one part of said paved path. I normally don't like paved path cause it weres the rubber on our tires too fast.
Here is a part of the river with some water, behind were the cliffs of insanity where the mountain had a straight drop to the water. (Levi took the pic)

The pic below was a really scenic pool with big rocks, very nice.

Then we came upon a Cave, I told levi to go in and see what lives here . . .
he .. ...
was ...
not....
going for it at all.

We had a few parts where the trail was too rocky to ride so we hike-a-biked it.

This was the best kind of trail, very scenic with nice dirt roads to follow.
So we figured we would try it.

Up and the top the view was nice too!

Beyond we could see another lake, but we had to get back

The trail back, here is looking back accross the valley to our RV Campground in the distance

Up and the top the view was nice too!

Beyond we could see another lake, but we had to get back

The trail back, here is looking back accross the valley to our RV Campground in the distance
We later played candy-bar bingo in the stone lodge and levi won 2 candies, Kara 1, dad and kayley 0.
Time for dinner then back to stone lodge for smoores.
Tomorrow well take a short family ride with Kara and Kayley and the hit the road to our next camp stop.



5 comments:
Thanks for taking the time to post while on your big trip. It helps me to think about you guys and where you are at. You're going to be gone for so long, I was worried I might forget about you all.
Remembering you,
Mendi
I'm glad sister mendi commented otherwise i wouldnt have even known it existed because i was lame and messed up the order of old posts. its fixed now. I'm soo pleased you've posted about your going ons. If you'd have left a camera I would have tons of pics up on facebook already, especially from saturday, but noooooooo. Anyways, I have sloppy writing because I am in a hurry since i only have 2 hours to catch up on this stuff, reply to emails, do homework, maybe start dinner, then get to work. lots to do but thats kinda fun :)
oh, also, I loved levi's faces. the first one where hes like "Yeah, I just climbed that far!" and the cave one where hes like "sketchyyyyy"
What a nice bike ride! So much pretty scenery to still be in Southern CA. I'm glad you are having a nice trip. We are very excited to have you all here soon!
PS Levi is smart to stay out of caves:)
That looked like a cool place to ride your bike. It was nice scenery.
That's funny Levi wouldn't go inside the cave. I might not have either if I were his age.
Post a Comment