Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm so excited about this - I needed to share

Hello all!

Well, most of you know I've been trying to do some recording work to catalog the songs I've written. I have spent a lot of time in the past 6 months on a forum at homerecording.com. There are lots of musicians, songwriters, singers, home recording artists, and even a few professional recording studios that contribute to the forums there. One of the guys on the forum, Jeff Maher, has been extremely supportive and helpful to me. He took special interest in the song I wrote, called, "All Of My Heart", and actually made some suggestions after my first, upbeat tempo, posting of the song, which led to a collaboration on a ballad version of that song.


His advice led me to re-record my lead vocal for the song, and then he recorded backup vocals and stringed bass to go along with it. He took all of our tracks and polished them up quite nicely for a completely new mastering of the song. Please take a few moments to check it out (if clicking on the link doesn't work, just copy & paste it into your browser):

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7950240


You may have seen snippets every now and again about my songwriting or recording ventures. All I can say is that it has been quite a journey, so far - mostly uphill. I look forward to continued growth and skillfulness as I try to catalog all of the songs I've written through my home recording, and I truly appreciate all the help that I've received from strangers, relatives, and friends!

2 comments:

Snooch said...

Wow... I can't believe how very different that recording is from the first one you ever sent me.

It's beautiful! Congratulations on a beautiful song and a journey filled with love and learning!

Keifersgirl said...

As I said before, those background harmonies sound AWESOME! The song sounds so professional. Great job my dear.